Fitness Center Rules
Thank you for using the Fitness Center at Hampshire Country Club. In order to provide a safe and clean workout environment, the following rules are in place:
- No children under age 14 are permitted in the workout area.
- Appropriate attire is required. This includes athletic sneakers, socks and shorts/sweatpants and a tank or tee shirt. Torn or tattered clothing can be dangerous and are not permitted. Swimwear may not be worn while working out.
- MP3 players and other audio equipment may only be used with personal headphones.
- Equipment must be used only in the manner intended by the manufacturer. No horseplay.
- No smoking or chewing gum while using fitness equipment.
- A physician should be consulted prior to using the exercise facility or beginning any exercise program.
- Do not use equipment if taking medication that can causes drowsiness.
- Please do not leave valuable items unattended.
- Personal Trainers – are available. Please contact the Front Desk for contact information.
- Fitness hours are seasonal and available at the Front Desk. After-hours use is not permitted.
Safe Use of Fitness Equipment
- Please hold handrails when stepping on or off treadmills, ellipticals, stair climbers, arc trainers, and other equipment.
- Do not get on or off equipment when it's moving.
- Don't hesitate to use the emergency stop buttons or lanyards when using treadmills.
- Always look forward when using equipment that moves. Looking back or to the side throws off your balance.
- Grab the handrails and press the stop button if you feel weak or lose your balance when using treadmills.
- Try to stay centered on all equipment.
- Change the speed of your workout program gradually.
- Don't push beyond your abilities.
- Set up your music or video before starting a workout machine.
- If you notice that something is out of place, please bring it to our attention and we'll be happy to correct it.
- Do not use cell phones while using equipment.